..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Chicken and Dumplings


Sharon's Chicken and Dumplings

I start the day before by preparing the chicken:

Chicken pieces
Chopped celery
Chopped onion
Chopped carrot
optional LeSeur Young Peas
Salt/Pepper
Poultry Seasoning

All ingredients depend on how many you are feeding. Place all this in a crock pot and cook 4 hours. Then cool down and place in refrigerator overnight. For faster result, boil chicken on top of the stove until done, cool down and place in refrigerator.

The next day:
Skim the fat off the boiled chicken. Pull off any chicken skin. Carefully pull chicken off the bones and shred. Discard bones and skin. In a large pot, bring the broth, chicken and vegetables back to a boil. Meanwhile mix up a biscuit mixture for the dumplings.

2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup oil
add enough milk to make dough (about 2/3-3/4 cups)

Sprinkle flour on dough board and put dough on it. Roll it out until it's thin and cut into strips. Drop the dumplings into the boiling broth. Make more dough if you need to. Let it cook for about 30 mins being careful not to let it burn. Ready to serve.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com