..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Drunken Chicken


Beer Can Chicken

1 (4-5 lb) whole chicken
Sprinkle with any seasonings that you think would be good. I usually use poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and maybe some Mrs Dash or other spice mix.
1 tall can beer

Wash chicken inside and out well. Pat dry. Pat the seasonings on the outside of chicken and sprinkle some on the inside. Pour about an ounce of beer out and put 1 Tbsp of the seasoning mix in the beer can. Set beer can in a roasting pan. Place chicken over the can bottom side down. The can will be inside the chicken. The chicken is precariously perched on the can of beer so be careful as you get it in and out of the oven so that it doesn’t tip over. Bake at 325F for 2-2 ½ hours. Aka Drunken Chicken.

Note: You can buy the rack to put the beer can in (and you only use the small can of beer) and then place the chicken over the can in the rack. This makes it much safer because the chicken won’t tip over. I got my rack at Walmart for about $5. I tried pouring out the beer and using just water but it didn’t have the same moist result so the alcohol must have something to do with it.


Note: This makes a mess of your oven but it's worth it! Go ahead and do two while you are at it so you won't have to clean the oven twice. If your husband is a griller, then let him make it on the grill. It will save you cleaning the oven.


Note: You can freeze leftovers. Or use the leftover chicken for homemade chicken noodle soup the next night or make chicken salad for lunch the next day.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com