..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cocky Young Men

This old photograph shows some cocky young men. The first one on the left is a family friend, the 2nd one was Cousin Leo, the 3rd young man was another friend and the 4th one was my Great Uncle Gilmer. Notice their swagger and their cigarettes. The car just beside them. The women on the porch. (What do you think, were the men showing off a little to the women?) They are just so young, spiffy and full of themselves. Then I remember they are all dead now. I know Uncle Gilmer lived to be an old man. Cousin Leo died at 32. A photograph captures a moment in time but time goes on and now, these cocky handsome young men are gone. It reminds me to make the most of of my time.

Live my life in a way I won't be ashamed of.

Do my best by others, bing kind and generous.

Don't waste my time with worry, upset, tension, anger, unforgiveness, bitterness.

Make good memories.

Learn all I can about God, knowing that He is the One I will spend eternity with. My time on Earth is limited. I only have so many allotted minutes. God, alone, knows how many. I want to store up treasure in Heaven.

Luk 12:29-34 And do not seek what you shall eat, nor what you shall drink, and stop being in anxiety. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you have need of these things. But rather seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms. Make for yourselves purses which do not become old, an unfailing treasure in Heaven, where no thief comes nor moth corrupts. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com