..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Alice Williamson's diary

See an earlier entry in my blog to find my explanation of Alice Williamson.

June 5th Our school will be out in two weeks and I have been so busy preparing for an examination that I have neglected my journal though nothing has transpired of interest. The Tenneseans set fire to the contraband school, but by ringing bells and firing gun Nicklens men assembled and put it out

June 10th The country is overrun with Yanks: they are camped in the woods in front of us and have already paid us several visits killed sheep, goats and chickens Our new yankees are very neighborly. They come over to see us every few minutes in the day. Some came today and demanded their dinner at two o'clock but did not get it. They went off cursing us for being d__n rebels

June 13th Nothing has happened today, Yankees racing aroud as usual. I see two officers coming, and as there is no one down stairs I suppose I will have to go. Now for a quarrel Yanks.

June 15th In all the doings of the Yanks their fiendish acts today will ballance them all. They brought a man in today and hung him up by the thumbs to make him tell where he came from: he told them but they would not believe him. He fainted three times. They took him down at three o'clock to shoot him. I have not heard whether they did so or not. They would neither give him food or water though he begged for the latter often. This was done by order of 'The Nicklen'.

June 16th The man that was brought in yesterday was shot today without any charge only that the Yanks believed him to be a spy. He was an irishman. Capt. Nicklen shot him today at 11 o'clock

June 30th Everything is going on very quietly now. Old Man and Son has been back to see the good rebs of G.

July 2d Yanks as usual. We have one of them sick here

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com